Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML2] GeoCoord without espgCode
[railML2] GeoCoord without espgCode [message #2573] Mon, 02 November 2020 12:08 Go to next message
Andrea Hoffmann is currently offline  Andrea Hoffmann
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so first a few words about myself: My name is Andrea Hoffmann, I'm Berlin-based and my current project includes a railML timetable import (working with Milan Wölke who referred me here).

This brings me to my question: How are geographic coordinates to be handled if no EPSG code is given? The only required attribute of type tGeoCoord is "coord". Therefore, the information how to interpret this value (by using a conversion based on epsgCode) might be missing. Is there a default value or any recommended way of handling coordinates without an EPSG code?

Thanks and best regards,
Andrea Hoffmann
Re: [railML2] GeoCoord without espgCode [message #2585 is a reply to message #2573] Fri, 13 November 2020 16:15 Go to previous message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Dear Andrea,

welcome to the railML forum and sorry for the long answer time.

Looking at the railML wiki as our common source of element documentation from user perspective, it is written: "By default, the coordinates shall be given in the reference system WGS84." (see http://wiki2.railml.org/wiki/IS:geoCoord. This means, if you want to provide coordinates in another coordinate system than WGS84, you have to provide an EPSG code. In the notes of this wiki page you can also find a statement about the sequence of coordinates inside @coord.

Best regards
Christian

Christian Rahmig – Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Previous Topic: [railML3] draft of RBC according ETCS use case
Next Topic: Signal-light information on signalIS?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:21:27 CEST 2024