Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Hi! / Timing links (I am new (hi!) and wonder if railML has timing links?)
Hi! / Timing links [message #2204] Wed, 12 June 2019 18:13 Go to next message
Sara Gestrelius is currently offline  Sara Gestrelius
Hi,

My name is Sara and I an a researcher working with timetable planning. I have just started looking into railML and I have a question regarding "timing links", namely - do they exist in railML?

Part of my research is using optimization to construct timetables, and the model I use relies on minimum run-times for each link that depend on whether the train stops at any (or both!Wink of the ends of the link. In our vocabulary, each train part belongs to a "timing load" class that is specified by important aspects for estimating the speed (e.g. train type, locomotives, weight, max allowed speed). For each track and each timing load, four minimum running times are specified, one for each of the stop patterns: "Stop" - "Stop", "Full Speed" - "Stop", "Stop" - "Full speed" and "Full speed" - "Full speed". Are these timing loads and timing links defined in railML?

Happy to be here! Smile

Best Regards,
Sara
Re: Hi! / Timing links [message #2206 is a reply to message #2204] Mon, 17 June 2019 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Wobst is currently offline  Philip Wobst
Hello Sara,

the timing links you mention are not available in railML. Only the "result" i.e. the constructed train run is relevant in railML. The data you describe is master data that probably needs to be exchanged - what systems would exchange this data?

Best regards,

Philip Wobst
--
Philip Wobst
Project Manager
Planning and Dispatching Systems (TPS)

HaCon Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
Lister Str. 15, 30163 Hannover, Germany
Tel. +49 511 33699-498
PhilipWobst(at)haconde
http://www.hacon.de

Office/Sitz: Hannover, Registry Court/Amtsgericht: Hannover HRB 1712
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer:
Michael Frankenberg (CEO), Andreas Dittmann (CFO), Claus Müller-Haude

HaCon - A Siemens Company
Re: Hi! / Timing links [message #2226 is a reply to message #2206] Tue, 06 August 2019 14:55 Go to previous message
Christoph Jobmann is currently offline  Christoph Jobmann
Hello Sara,

I once had a similar problem: I needed to exchange run times for different kind of train categories. The stop pattern was not part of my considerations.
I decided to add elements "runTime" in a new namespace with attributes "duration" and "categoryRef" below the element "track" and add references to these tracks in the element "sectionTT".
For your problem a similar approach might make sense where you could add an attribute "stopPattern".

Besides that you can set the "minimalTime" in the "runTimes" element of "sectionTT", but you would have to do that for each operation control point of the train's run.

Kind regards

Christoph Jobmann
Deutsche Bahn AG
Previous Topic: UIC train transport id
Next Topic: @onRequest of <operatingDay> to be declared deprecated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:21:45 CET 2024