Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3] Functional type parameter for the balise group element
[railML3] Functional type parameter for the balise group element [message #2431] Thu, 07 May 2020 18:10 Go to next message
Davide Venturucci is currently offline  Davide Venturucci
Dear all,
in the last discussion in the railML ETCS group is been proposed to add a "functional type" to the balise group element.
The main functional types that could be added are described in detail below:

NetworkRegistration: the balise is used to transmit connection information to the mobile network (Subset 026 P45 Radio Network registration)
Connection: the balise is used to transmit connection information to an RBC (Subset 026 P42 Session Management)
Announcement: the balise is used to announce a level transition to a train (Subset 026 P41 or P46 Level Transition Order or Conditional Level Transition Order). Could be also used to transmit Subset 026 P90 Track Ahead Free up to level 2/3 transition location.
Border: the balise is used to order a level transition to a train (Subset 026 P41 or P46 Level Transition Order or Conditional Level Transition Order)
Handover: the balise is used to trigger a connection with a neighboring RBC (Subset 026 P131 RBC transition order)
Normal: the balise is used in all the other context.

What does the community think about this proposal? Is there any suggestion or change proposal on functional types?
Best regards,
Davide

[Updated on: Mon, 11 May 2020 10:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [railML3] Functional type parameter for the balise group element [message #2439 is a reply to message #2431] Thu, 14 May 2020 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Roslund is currently offline  Henrik Roslund
Hello,

I have been thinking about this since we discussed it in the ETCS Track NET meeting in April and I made a decision for myself about this.

I see this as optional information and not as mandatory information.
The ETCS Packets has this information.

I can see a need for the "functional type" information in, e.g. a planning/test tool.
E.g. the user wants to place in the GUI a "Network Registration Balise Group", and not a "Balise Group with Packet 45". In the back of the tool will the "Network Registration Balise Group" be translated into a "Balise Group with Packet 45".

Kind regards,

Henrik Roslund
Senior Consultant ETCS, MIRSE
TÜV SÜD Schweiz AG

Member of the Workgroup «ETCS Track NET»
Re: [railML3] Functional type parameter for the balise group element [message #2444 is a reply to message #2439] Fri, 22 May 2020 15:23 Go to previous message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Dear Henrik and Davide,

Henrik Roslund wrote on Thu, 14 May 2020 15:46

I can see a need for the "functional type" information in, e.g. a planning/test tool.
E.g. the user wants to place in the GUI a "Network Registration Balise Group", and not a "Balise Group with Packet 45". In the back of the tool will the "Network Registration Balise Group" be translated into a "Balise Group with Packet 45".

So, considering both of your posts, I conclude that we either include information about ETCS packet (e.g. "number 45") or add a type specifier with explicit values (e.g. "Network Registration Balise Group"). Current implementation of balise in railML 3.1 does not include any of these information. For reading and modelling purposes I prefer the option with explicit type specification. Are there any other opinions from the railML community?

Best regards
Christian

Christian Rahmig – Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Previous Topic: Ontology for RailML 3.1.
Next Topic: [railML3.1] Modelling of a double slip switch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:45:02 CET 2024