Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Hello railML world! (Introducing myself)
Hello railML world! [message #1631] Thu, 31 August 2017 11:19 Go to next message
Jörgen Strandberg is currently offline  Jörgen Strandberg
Hi,

This is my first posting and I would just like to introduce myself.

I'm Jörgen Strandberg, a software developer from a background of an electronics engineer. I've been with Bombardier Transportation a 15+ years, working with railway signaling from the viewpoint of a software toolmaker, with focus on configuring the products we sell.
Ich bin Jörgen Strandberg, ein Softwareentwickler aus dem Hintergrund eines Elektronik-Ingenieurs. Ich bin mit Bombardier Transportation eine 15 + Jahre gewesen. Und ich habe mit Eisenbahn-Signalisierung aus der Sicht eines Software-Toolmaker, mit Fokus auf die Konfiguration der Produkte, die wir verkaufen, gearbeitet.

Lazy as I am, ever since I started to use one, I've been on a mission to let the computer do as much work as possible. For some years now that means rather do data exchange than entering data more than once.

I'm looking forward to learn and discuss railML modeling techniques with you all.

Regards
Jörgen
Re: Hello railML world! [message #1636 is a reply to message #1631] Fri, 01 September 2017 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Dear Jörgen,

thank you for your introduction and welcome to the railML community!
I am Christian, the railML infrastructure scheme coordinator and
together with the other active modellers and users I am looking forward
to discussing with you about railML infrastructure modelling issues
here. Is there any special topic that you are interested in?

Best regards
Christian

Am 31.08.2017 um 11:19 schrieb Jörgen Strandberg:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first posting and I would just like to introduce
> myself.
>
> I'm Jörgen Strandberg, a software developer from a
> background of an electronics engineer. I've been with
> Bombardier Transportation a 15+ years, working with railway
> signaling from the viewpoint of a software toolmaker, with
> focus on configuring the products we sell.
> Ich bin Jörgen Strandberg, ein Softwareentwickler aus dem
> Hintergrund eines Elektronik-Ingenieurs. Ich bin mit
> Bombardier Transportation eine 15 + Jahre gewesen. Und ich
> habe mit Eisenbahn-Signalisierung aus der Sicht eines
> Software-Toolmaker, mit Fokus auf die Konfiguration der
> Produkte, die wir verkaufen, gearbeitet.
>
>
> Lazy as I am, ever since I started to use one, I've been on
> a mission to let the computer do as much work as possible.
> For some years now that means rather do data exchange than
> entering data more than once.
>
> I'm looking forward to learn and discuss railML modeling
> techniques with you all.
>
> Regards
> Jörgen

--
Christian Rahmig - Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 173 2714509; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org

Christian Rahmig – Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Re: Hello railML world! [message #1645 is a reply to message #1636] Mon, 18 September 2017 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for making me feel welcome already!

To begin with, after having looked a while now at the documentation and wiki of railML v2.x, I will have questions of a more semantic nature.
As I have seen the need for examples of best-use I've started a thread on "speed restrictions based on train categories depending on axle load", see http://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=534

Regards,
Jörgen

[Updated on: Mon, 02 October 2017 11:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hello railML world! - speed restrictions in railML 2.x [message #1651 is a reply to message #1645] Mon, 09 October 2017 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Hi Jörgen,

I follow the speed restrictions discussions since several years and so I feel competent to answer some of your questions:

> And as a type of train category based on axle load cannot be directly specified in an IS::speedChange, an additional IS:speedProfile with an appropriate maxAxleLoad value could be created and referenced.

This was the intention. A <speedChange> shall not directly specify an axle load nor any other restriction. Instead, the corresponding <speedProfile> shall include all restrictions which apply for that profile.

> - Should speedProfile instances additionally specify maxAxleLoad, and if so what values are relevant in the example?

Yes, that is the intention of the attribute <speedProfile>.maxAxleLoad.

> - How can the end of speed restrictions be modeled, e.g. the one for trains with axle load above 17.5 tons in the example should end at 500 m?

Up to railML 2.2 (including): with vMax='999' as a tentativeness
<speedChange vMax='999'/>
From railML 2.3 (including): with vMax='end':
<speedChange vMax='end'/>
both with pos= location of end of speed restriction.

Please be aware that the end of a speed restriction can apply either to the train head or end of train. So, the attribute <speedChange>.trainRelation may be of interest, too. That's why there is no "length" of a speed restriction.

See also
http://www.wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:speedChange

With best regards,
Dirk Bräuer.
Re: Hello railML world! - speed restrictions in railML 2.x [message #1652 is a reply to message #1651] Tue, 10 October 2017 09:23 Go to previous message
Hi Dirk,

Thanks, now I know I'm on the right track, and I'll update the example in the question-thread according to your answers.

But I still don't know how to best map between "ETCS baseline2 train categories based on minimum axle load" and railML speedProfiles based on maxAxleLoad.

I would appreciate if you could take a look and give me your opinion in the question-thread:
http://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=534

Regards,
Jörgen
Previous Topic: Suggestion towards the use of "crossing" for bridge, tunnel, level crossing etc. in railML3
Next Topic: railML v3.1 beta released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:38:20 CET 2024