railVIVID: The railML Viewer & Validator
railVIVID® is the railML® validation and viewer tool, whose initial alpha version has been presented by TU Dresden and railML.org at the 4th UIC RailTopoModel Conference in Paris on April 29, 2015.
railVIVID is the result of a project following the UIC's call for proposal from November 2014, which was financed by several European Railway Infrastructure Managers. TU Dresden, Institute of Traffic Telematics, won this call and started initial development of the railVIVID tool. Later, railVIVID shall be handed over to the railML community for further development.
With railVIVID you have the full control over your railML files: You can visualize the infrastructure, the timetable and the rollingstock elements included in the railML file even without fully understanding the XML and railML syntax. The integrated railVIVID validator allows you to check the railML file regarding the correctness of syntax as well as several semantic aspects. Thus, railVIVID gives you all the convenience necessary for successful interaction with the railML import and export interfaces of your software.
- Graphic viewer for Timetable data
- Tabular viewer for Timetable data with spreadsheet export
- Rolling Stock data viewer
- Topologic Viewer for Infrastructure data
- Geographic Viewer for Infrastructure data
- Schema Validator for railML
- Software in English and other partner's languages
If you have any questions, implementation ideas or want to take part in discussions about railVIVID, contact us.
New version 2022 and continuation of development
A new version of railVIVID with some improvements and a restart of the development is available since Autumn 2022. The new features are:
- railML data validator
- Support of railML 2.5 Final Version
- Support of railML 3.2 Final Version (only validation, no visualizations)
- Optimisation and reduction of validation time
- Timetable data viewer
- Distinguishing of different train categories by colour
- Midnight overrun implemented correctly
- Infrastructure data viewer
- Selection of data possible by track, operational point and additionally by network
- Improved scaling option
- Rolling stock data viewer
- General views and handling
- Evaluation and display of meta data of opened railML-file
- New installer for 64-bit Windows systems (updated to current windows operating systems)
- Update to latest version of Java FX
- Bugfixes and removal of exceptions for variants of railML data usage
- Improved stability
If requested by the community a restart of the help texts by the railVIVID wiki and the railVIVID forum is possible too. Please contact railML.org to address the demands.
To download railVIVID's official version and source code for personal use, you must accept the following license conditions:
- Using railVIVID is free of charge for registered members of railML.org for the purpose of data validation and representation of railML data.
- The software and source code will be distributed as-is. Neither UIC, railML.org, subcontractors, nor third parties are responsible for any data loss, revenue loss, business interruption, or any other damages caused by railVIVID.
- The use of railVIVID does neither require railML.org to certify software interfaces nor allow the use of railML trademarks or logos.
- railVIVID must only be distributed through http://www.railML.org. Do not offer any additional download options.