Using and downloading railML
This Guideline is intended to help you through the first steps in downloading and using railML®.
- If you are not yet registered with railML.org, please make sure that you do so first. Your registration is not only necessary to ensure acceptance of the license terms, but also to keep track of the use of railML® and to be able to network the community in your country or company. Registration is free of charge and has no further obligations, see our our data privacy statement (in German only) for details.
- Login to railML.org and go to the railML's schemes page or all downloads page
- Consent to the licence terms. railML® is licensed dually with either a restricted CC-BY-NC-ND licence or (after certification) a commercial licence.
- Download the zip file with the current version of the railML® schema files.
For obtaining the alpha and beta scheme versions (for developers; not recommended for beginners and for applications afield), please contact the railML.org coordinators.
The community will help you getting started with railML. Feel free to use the following support tracks:
- The railML®-Wiki is the core mean of documentation. A collection of Users and Developers Guides (e.g. how to contribute to this wiki) can be found here.
- If our wiki leaves any questions unanswered, join our Forum, where railML developers and users can exchange their experiences and discuss problems or enhancements.
- Meet other Users, the developers and the coordinators on a railML.org conference. Conferences are ordinarily held twice a year. Please, see our calendar for obtaining information about the next event.
- Certify your interface. While you can use railML® in island solutions e.g. for exercise, in most cases productive use aims at and depends on exchanging data with other units (another application; another division within your company; another corporation). As to grant for a smooth operation, the licence demands you to certify your interface if you use it productively (thus afield, exchanging data with others). Please read the binding certification manual; if you have any questions about the procedure, please contact us.