Home » railML newsgroups » railml.rollingstock » Extension rolling stock for capacity planning (Resistance factors, Minimum time to hold speed and Deceleration table per brake supervision)
Re: Extension rolling stock for capacity planning [message #1570 is a reply to message #1568] Fri, 12 May 2017 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Torben Brand is currently offline  Torben Brand
I thank the RS coordinator for quick and thoughtful work. I have these additional comments:

There is sometimes a need to define the mean deceleration differently over different speed bands. For instance 0,6 m/s^2 from 0 to 70 km/h and 0,4 m/s^2 from 71 to 200 km/h. The amount of bands is not defined. Thus we also need to allow a function table to describe multiple mean deceleration values.

The suggested element <VehicleBrakeOperation> needs to be defined both under vehicle and formation.

The brakes deceleration values under <VehicleBrakeOperation> are the drivers normal behaviour under the different train protective systems. The question is if we need to define what braking curve a "normal" driving behaviour corresponds to? For instance at Jernbanedirektoratet we assume the driver drives according to the permitted curve (P) under ETCS and the blink indicator curve in ATC under normal behaviour. When the train is considered delayed the driver drives 100% according to the "normal" curve. If the train is not delayed the train driver drives more relaxed to arrive on time to the next OCP. This is either calculated in the simulation tool or there is a relaxation value in form of a percent performance value of the "normal" deceleration values (for instance 90%).

I suggest to add a further attribute @brakingCurveType under <VehicleBrakeOperation>. Set values are "Indication", "Permitted","SBI","EBI" and "other:" (SBI:Service brake intervention, EBI: Emergency brake intervention)
Alternatively the braking curve modeled can be under a @description attribute.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: railML 2.3: Formation attributes shall have values > 0
Next Topic: Floor height
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:34:42 CEST 2024