Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Haltezwecke / Stop descriptions
Re: Haltezwecke / Stop descriptions [message #1618 is a reply to message #1613] Fri, 30 June 2017 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mićo Mićić is currently offline  Mićo Mićić
Hi Dirk,

Regarding your Question "...please specify when SBB sets this value at first <ocpTT> and when not. Where is it depending from?": I asked our timetable planners but there is no defined rule when to set the "Aufstellen" value. It differs from one region to another and depends on particular use cases. There are also situations where "Aufstellen" is set "in the middle" of the train with a corresponding comment. In this case, a stop description like 'trainPreparation' would make sense to indicate that there is something to do before the journey can be continued.

Regarding your two questions:
- Is my railML file valid if I never set "Aufstellen" at the first <ocpTT> although I do use additional stopping information in general?
- Is my railML file valid if I always set "Aufstellen" at the first <ocpTT>?

I would not define "hard" rules for the stop descriptions but try to describe all available values so that everyone understand the meaning. So I think there is nothing wrong if someone sets the "Aufstellen" at every first <ocpTT> or don't use it at all. Especially because it is an additional stop description it should be treated as optional value.

Best regards,
Mico

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message