Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Haltezwecke / Stop descriptions
Re: Haltezwecke / Stop descriptions [message #1610 is a reply to message #1608] Tue, 20 June 2017 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Philip Wobst is currently offline  Philip Wobst
Hello Dirk and all others,

I would like to add that we discussed the need to agree on the rules how and when to add a new value to the enumeration. We already talked about this at the last TT development meeting in Berlin and as far as I remember your approach (Dirk) was to add a value if it is used in more than one country. We also discussed the fact that some activities might be implicit and there would be no need to supply these at all (e.g. testing the brakes).
However, I in my role as HaCon railML user find it hard to define a good rule to identify the implicit activities that would not be included although they are used in more than one country. So at the end of our phone discussion I suggested to to stick with the use case approach only (i.e. used in more than one country) - which in turn would mean, that the SBB 'Aufstellen' and the ÖBB 'Zugvorbereitung' would result in something like 'trainPreparation'.

@ALL: Please provide feedback whether or not we shall define rules for excluding implicit values or not. With the pros and cons we could then come to a conclusion during the next phone conference and make an amendment to the meeting minutes with the agreed rules.

Best regards,

Philip Wobst

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message