Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » stopDescription: New enumeration value 'none' for attribute onOff in railML 2.4 (Add a value NONE to specify that it is not possible to enter or leave the train at the ocpTT)
stopDescription: New enumeration value 'none' for attribute onOff in railML 2.4 [message #1563] Mon, 08 May 2017 08:56 Go to next message
Philip Wobst is currently offline  Philip Wobst
The discussion regarding the stop activitities for railML 2.4 has shown that there is a need to show for the onOff attribute that neither of the two values (on and off) are possible. I.e. that the stop is not scheduled for passengers or goods to enter/leave the train.
The enumeration in railML 2.3 includes:
  • on
  • off
  • both

The value 'none' shall be added in railML 2.4. Please provide feedback here in the forum.

Best regards,

Philip Wobst
Re: stopDescription: New enumeration value 'none' for attribute onOff in railML 2.4 [message #1912 is a reply to message #1563] Fri, 17 August 2018 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Wobst is currently offline  Philip Wobst
Due to missing feedback/confirmation this change will not be made for railML 2.4.
Re: stopDescription: New enumeration value 'none' for attribute onOff in railML 2.4 [message #1917 is a reply to message #1563] Tue, 21 August 2018 16:54 Go to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
A stop that is not scheduled for passengers or goods to enter/leave the train is regarded as a non-commercial stop.

As shown in the document stopDescription_defaults.xlsx at [1], the attribute onOff is only to be used with commercial=true.

Therefore, I see no need to show the onOff attribute at a non-commercial stop. On the contrary, I would understand it as confusing and misleading.

So, I see no demand and no problem; in my opinion we can leave it as it is.

Best regards,
Dirk.

[1] https://cloud.railml.org/index.php/f/28941
https://cloud.railml.org/remote.php/webdav/TT%20working%20gr oup/railML%202.4/Haltegrund/stopDescription_defaults.xlsx
Previous Topic: [Request for railML3] Different station tracks in one <ocpTT> for different <operatingPeriod>s
Next Topic: values 'earliest' and 'latest' of <ocpTT>.<times>.@scope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:11:14 CET 2024