Home » railML newsgroups » railml.rollingstock » May I use z parameter for notch as engine tractiveEffort?
May I use z parameter for notch as engine tractiveEffort? [message #1317] Thu, 02 October 2014 09:40 Go to next message
yutaka.manchu is currently offline  yutaka.manchu
Messages: 11
Registered: September 2014
Junior Member
Dear All,

Some engines have an acceleration/power control lever with several
notches.
Each notch limits the acceleration/power level of the engine.

To express this notion, I'd like to confirm the correctness to use z
parameter of valueTable written in
" http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=RS:valueTable_tractiv eEffort", as
"'z' is the additional parameter extending the dependency to y = f(x,z)"
and "In case of several curves versus the x-coordinate there is the child
element <columnHeader>, which takes the values of the z-coordinate as
parameter for the array of curves.".

According to "http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=RS:columnHeader", it
could be expressed as followings;

<vehicle id="ve_6000-Mc1" name="6000-Mc1" length="9.0" speed="60.0"
bruttoWeight="3145.8" bruttoAdhesionWeight="393.2">
<engine>
<propulsion id="peMotor" powerType="electric" power="1105000"
rotationMassFactor="1.0" description="Motor">
<tractiveEffort>
<valueTable xValueName="Speed" xValueUnit="km/h"
yValueName="Tractive Effort" yValueUnit="N" zValueName="Notch"
zValueUnit="1">
<columnHeader zValue="1">
</columnHeader>
<valueLine xValue="0.0">
<values yValue="5950.1" />
</valueLine>
<valueLine xValue="36.5">
<values yValue="4200.0" />
</valueLine>
...

<columnHeader zValue="2">
</columnHeader>
<valueLine xValue="0.0">
<values yValue="10016.1" />
</valueLine>
<valueLine xValue="35.0">
<values yValue="8200.0" />
</valueLine>
...

</valueTable>
</tractiveEffort>
</propulsion>
</engine>
</vehicle>

May I ask you if my understanding is right?

Best regards,
Utah (Yutaka Manchu)

--
----== posted via PHP Headliner ==----
Re: May I use z parameter for notch as engine tractiveEffort? [message #1318 is a reply to message #1317] Thu, 09 October 2014 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joerg von Lingen is currently offline  Joerg von Lingen
Messages: 59
Registered: May 2011
Member
Dear Utah,

your assumption is correct. The structure of ValueTable allows to define a 3D matrix of values. The effort curve is
normally given as effort vs. speed but there might be another parameter like notch position or line voltage etc to
define a group of curves instead a single one.

Best regards,
Jörg von Lingen

Yutaka Manchu wrote on 02.10.2014 09:40:
> Dear All,
>
> Some engines have an acceleration/power control lever with several
> notches.
> Each notch limits the acceleration/power level of the engine.
>
> To express this notion, I'd like to confirm the correctness to use z
> parameter of valueTable written in
> " http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=RS:valueTable_tractiv eEffort", as
> "'z' is the additional parameter extending the dependency to y = f(x,z)"
> and "In case of several curves versus the x-coordinate there is the child
> element <columnHeader>, which takes the values of the z-coordinate as
> parameter for the array of curves.".
>
> According to "http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=RS:columnHeader", it
> could be expressed as followings;
>
> <vehicle id="ve_6000-Mc1" name="6000-Mc1" length="9.0" speed="60.0"
> bruttoWeight="3145.8" bruttoAdhesionWeight="393.2">
> <engine>
> <propulsion id="peMotor" powerType="electric" power="1105000"
> rotationMassFactor="1.0" description="Motor">
> <tractiveEffort>
> <valueTable xValueName="Speed" xValueUnit="km/h"
> yValueName="Tractive Effort" yValueUnit="N" zValueName="Notch"
> zValueUnit="1">
> <columnHeader zValue="1">
> </columnHeader>
> <valueLine xValue="0.0">
> <values yValue="5950.1" />
> </valueLine>
> <valueLine xValue="36.5">
> <values yValue="4200.0" />
> </valueLine>
> ...
>
> <columnHeader zValue="2">
> </columnHeader>
> <valueLine xValue="0.0">
> <values yValue="10016.1" />
> </valueLine>
> <valueLine xValue="35.0">
> <values yValue="8200.0" />
> </valueLine>
> ...
>
> </valueTable>
> </tractiveEffort>
> </propulsion>
> </engine>
> </vehicle>
>
> May I ask you if my understanding is right?
>
> Best regards,
> Utah (Yutaka Manchu)
>
Re: May I use z parameter for notch as engine tractiveEffort? [message #1319 is a reply to message #1318] Tue, 14 October 2014 00:23 Go to previous message
yutaka.manchu is currently offline  yutaka.manchu
Messages: 11
Registered: September 2014
Junior Member
Dear Jörg,

Thank you very much to write back to me!

Best regards,
Utah (Yutaka Manchu)

Joerg von Lingen wrote:
>
> Dear Utah,
>
> your assumption is correct. The structure of ValueTable allows to define a
3D matrix of values. The effort curve is
> normally given as effort vs. speed but there might be another parameter like
notch position or line voltage etc to
> define a group of curves instead a single one.
>
> Best regards,
> J�rg von Lingen
>
> Yutaka Manchu wrote on 02.10.2014 09:40:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Some engines have an acceleration/power control lever with several
>> notches.
>> Each notch limits the acceleration/power level of the engine.
>>
>> To express this notion, I'd like to confirm the correctness to use z
>> parameter of valueTable written in
>> " http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=RS:valueTable_tractiv eEffort", as
>> "'z' is the additional parameter extending the dependency to y = f(x,z)"
>> and "In case of several curves versus the x-coordinate there is the child
>> element <columnHeader>, which takes the values of the z-coordinate as
>> parameter for the array of curves.".
>>
>> According to "http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=RS:columnHeader", it
>> could be expressed as followings;
>>
>> <vehicle id="ve_6000-Mc1" name="6000-Mc1" length="9.0" speed="60.0"
>> bruttoWeight="3145.8" bruttoAdhesionWeight="393.2">
>> <engine>
>> <propulsion id="peMotor" powerType="electric" power="1105000"
>> rotationMassFactor="1.0" description="Motor">
>> <tractiveEffort>
>> <valueTable xValueName="Speed" xValueUnit="km/h"
>> yValueName="Tractive Effort" yValueUnit="N" zValueName="Notch"
>> zValueUnit="1">
>> <columnHeader zValue="1">
>> </columnHeader>
>> <valueLine xValue="0.0">
>> <values yValue="5950.1" />
>> </valueLine>
>> <valueLine xValue="36.5">
>> <values yValue="4200.0" />
>> </valueLine>
>> ...
>>
>> <columnHeader zValue="2">
>> </columnHeader>
>> <valueLine xValue="0.0">
>> <values yValue="10016.1" />
>> </valueLine>
>> <valueLine xValue="35.0">
>> <values yValue="8200.0" />
>> </valueLine>
>> ...
>>
>> </valueTable>
>> </tractiveEffort>
>> </propulsion>
>> </engine>
>> </vehicle>
>>
>> May I ask you if my understanding is right?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Utah (Yutaka Manchu)
>>
>
>
>



--
----== posted via PHP Headliner ==----
Previous Topic: power attribute in vehicle/engine/propulsion
Next Topic: railML 2.3: Formation attributes shall have values > 0
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat May 27 02:27:15 CEST 2017